Taste of Tuscany Experience
Taste of Tuscany
Enjoy your “welcome” video tour of Il Vichiaccio by Beatrice. Together, with her husband, Massimo, they have completely restored their remarkable 16th century farmhouse in the middle of the Chianti region. In partnership with them, STEPS in Tuscany has created the perfect venue where you will feel both at home and also a part of its bellissimi history.
The week is filled with unique and exciting adventures; like this Jeep ride high atop the Carrara Marble mountain range — for one of the most unforgettable experiences in your life!
Taste of Tuscany Experience
Join a small group of 8 in a 16th century Tuscan farmhouse for a week of excursions to explore the essence of the Chianti region of Italy. This pre-set itinerary offers the true essence of Tuscany and could include private cooking classes with world-renowned chefs, wine tastings, a truffle hunt, Carrara Marble tour, shopping in quaint Chianti villages…and more! Click through the buttons here for details on budget, day-by-day sample itineraries, optional tours and comments from previous guests.
For the upcoming pre-set itineraries now available, the cost per person is $3,650. Based on 8 guests staying in the farmhouse for 7 days.
- This tour package includes all fees for daily transportation, excursions and all meals.
- It also includes daily continental breakfast at your home for the week, a 16th century farmhouse in your shared kitchen.
- Your home for the week has 4 rooms / double occupancy. Each room can be set with two twin beds or one queen/king bed, depending on your needs.
All airfare costs are your responsibility. STEPS in Tuscany will provide ground transportation depending on your itinerary:
- If you fly into Rome, STEPS in Tuscany can arrange transportation to and from Florence at your expense.
- If your entire group is flying together into the Florence airport, STEPS in Tuscany will provide round-trip ground transportation to your accommodations at no expense to you.
- If your entire group is traveling by train from other cities to meet at the main train station in Florence, the Firenze SMN, STEPS in Tuscany will provide round-trip ground transportation to and from your accommodations at no expense to you.
- If you are joining a group, you are responsible for your travel expenses to the main train station in Florence, Firenze SMN. Round-trip ground transportation will be provided by STEPS in Tuscany at no expense to you — to your home for the week, a 16th century farmhouse OR to your accommodations in the city center.
The price does not include:
- Airfare to and from Italy
- “OYO”(On Your Own) lunches listed on your itinerary will be your responsibility. This will most likely be on a day where you are scheduled to have free time for shopping and exploring.
- TIPS: In Italy, a tip is not usually expected and is considered a bonus for exceptional service, which STEPS in Tuscany strives to provide. At the end of your week cards and envelopes will be provided to write a note and any gratuity for your personal host and your private driver if you are so inclined. (A suggested minimal tip is 25 Euro for each.) During the week, if you are inclined to tip our tour guides or any additional drivers, please tip them directly. Note: The individual winery owners do not expect a tip.
This day-by-day shows you an EXAMPLE of a week’s pre-set itinerary for the Taste of Tuscany Experience.
Please take note: the specific activity for each day of the week COULD vary from the days as shown here. The final itinerary for your week will be confirmed based on factors such as availability and weather.
Day One: Arrival + Chef-Prepared Dinner
Upon your arrival in Florence, our fully licensed private driver will pick you up outside the main train station, the Firenze SMN. This is when you get to sit back and let the 30-minute ride to your home for the week, a 16th century farmhouse through the rolling hills of Tuscany melt your stress away! You will be welcomed with an apertivo in the garden overlooking the Chianti vineyards. As you are relaxing with your group, your delightful al fresco dinner will be prepared by an award winning chef.
Day Two: Chianti Region + Cooking Class
Your private driver will pick you up at the farmhouse to transport you to the quaint town of Greve in Chianti where you will enjoy shopping in the historic Greve Market & Piazza. Afterwards, you will enjoy a breathtaking drive through the Chianti region to award winning wineries for tastings and a fabulous lunch. It’s back to the farmhouse to get ready for an unforgettable evening. You will be taken to a 17th century villa for your cooking class. Your gracious host, will walk you through all the steps to prepare a full menu according to the old traditions. The setting embraces the true essence of Tuscany: the delicious food, the stunning sunset, and the enchanting live opera performed by a harpist and soprano singer while you enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Day Three: Carrara Marble Tour + Pizza Party!
Your private driver will transport you to the Carrara Marble Mountains for a 4×4 Jeep ride through the quarries for a close look at the marble cliffs and mines. The famous white marble of Carrara has been quarried since Ancient Roman times and has long been a favorite of sculptors, including Michelangelo. The quarries continue to remove and export up to a million tons/year. Your local guide will explain the history and uses of marble, the different types of marble, and how the quarries operate. You’ll see a working section of the mine, as well as the site where several Austin Martin’s went over the cliff during the filming of the James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace. When you arrive back in the late afternoon you’ll have time to relax in the garden with a glass of wine or take a dip in the hot tub before you partake of several different hand-crafted pizzas cooked for you in the outdoor wood-fired oven.
Day Four: Truffle Hunt + Pisa
Your private driver will transport you to an adventure of a lifetime. Your guide, along with master truffle dogs will lead the group into the woods for the hunt of black truffles and the rare and expensive white truffle. The tour culminates with the “Everything Truffle” lunch allowing you to taste many of the products and fresh truffles. Next, it’s on to Pisa, a city best known for its iconic Leaning Tower, for a photo opportunity. Then you’ll head to an intimate, family-owned winery for a tour, tasting and light dinner before arriving back at the farmhouse.
Day Five: Modena Tour + Tastings
Your private driver will transport you to Modena for tasting tours of locally produced parmesan cheese and balsamic vinegar. The afternoon will be spent either walking and shopping in the quaint town of Modena with Lunch OYO, or, depending on availability, a visit to a local winery for a tour, tasting and lunch (meal included). Later that evening, back at the farmhouse, a casual dinner will be prepared by Bea and served al fresco and family-style.
Day Six: Pienza + Montalcino
Your private driver will transport you to the historic and hilltop towns of Pienza and Montalcino for on your own exploring and shopping. For lunch, you’ll start with an unforgettable wine tour and tasting. Arrival back at the 16th century farmhouse, you will join Bea and the staff of STEPS in Tuscany for a Farewell al fresco dinner before it’s time to pack your bags.
Day Seven: Departure + Ciao!
Your final pick up by private driver will transport you to the Firenze SMN train station in Florence for your departure. As we like to say in Italy, “Arrivederci, A Risentirla” (Goodbye, until we speak again!)
Optional Excursions (Note: additional charges will be applied depending on the activity selected and the number of participants.)
Sunrise Hot-Air Balloon Ride: Start the day with a bird’s-eye view of the Tuscan countryside on a hot air balloon flight with stunning views of olive groves, vineyards and quaint villages. Afterwards, toast your adventure with a some Prosecco and a light brunch.
For the Cyclists: Ride a bicycle or a Vespa and soak in the sights, smells and sounds on a breathtaking cycle through the hills of Chianti, passing vineyards, villas and olive groves.
If you ever decide to visit Tuscany and cross it from your bucket list, then you gotta’ first check Steps in Tuscany! Customer service above any expectations! Only the best for you, specially if your desire is to avoid any tourist traps along t...More
If you ever decide to visit Tuscany and cross it from your bucket list, then you gotta’ first check Steps in Tuscany! Customer service above any expectations! Only the best for you, specially if your desire is to avoid any tourist traps along the way!